Saturday 20 October, 2007

Last-minute Panic

I love Calvin... he is the most brilliant child on the planet... I mean, how can he not be when he comes up with stuff like this:

“-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic.”

It's so true. Like when our submission was due at 5 the other day. We had been starting at that damn research topic on my screen for hours but to no avail. We couldn't even come up with the brief... forget about the literature review and detailed friggin' approach!!! And added to this is the fact that I don't have a creative bone in my body, so I wasn't helping at all!!! But then suddenly at 4 things start to get a lot clearer... We knew exactly what had to be done and how the project had to be approached... it's like the clouds parted and all that jazz :-)

And the funniest thing is that when I read that report now, it sounds really really good, all well-researched and all... I can't believe it... And all it took was some good old "Last-minute Panic"

No comments: