Saturday 18 September, 2010

Expectations... the culprit!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can't be helped.” ~ Frederick Perls

Just imagine... if one had no expectations from anyone there is no way they can be hurt and disappointed. Because people are going to let you down eventually. You build up this crazy impossible picture in your head about what the person can do for you, and that just isn't going to happen. Then you go around being all angry at the person because they let you down. Well, that really isn't true is it? You are the one who put yourself in that position, by having those unrealistic expectations. It really all is in your hands. You can be as happy as you want to be. Just don't depend on anyone else for it. That's the key... Easier said than done though

No comments: